Chili's Texas Cheese Fries with Ranch


Normally, this is my downfall. 


All 1,960 calories, 136 grams of fat, 109 carbs & 5,370 grams of sodium!  

And, yes, I usually consume the entire order by myself!  What can I say?  I don't like sharing.  lol  

And to think,  that would just be my appetizer!  And I wonder why I'm the size I am!?!  Geez.  

Well on a positive note, I am extremely proud to share, my hubby and I visited Chili's on Saturday night and I skipped the Cheese Fries entirely!!!  Even though my hubby ordered them!  I did not have one single bite!  Only cause I knew, if I did, it wouldn't stop with one.  So, I avoided them like the plague!  (( :

Truth be told, I truly believe that had to be one of the hardest things I've ever done (food wise).  And I honestly don't think my husband has a clue as to how difficult that was for me!

And while we're being honest..... I wasn't too thrilled with any of their "healthy" selections.  There really isn't much to choose from.  I ended up settling for the Margarita Grilled Chicken.  

Normally, it comes with rice and black beans.  However, I skipped the beans and rice and opted for Steamed Broccoli.

Can you believe, my chicken had the same amount of fat as the broccoli?!?  What the heck?!?  Even though it says "steamed", they must add something to it.  And that's just for 1 serving!  It came with two, but I only ate half so my meal came to a total of 300 calories and 12 grams of fat.  

Thankfully, the broccoli was very tasty.  It just melted in your mouth.  Chewing was not even necessary.  lol  The chicken wasn't too bad either. 

I still can not believe I'm actually eating broccoli!  Amazes me every time!  lol

Hooray for another NSV!!


4 comments:

Monica (Weight Loss Journey) said...

Congrats on your NSV, these are the Small Accomplishments that keep us going, And proud of our selves. I Truly believe our Spouses don't totally get it 100%, I Felt the same way in the beginning with my Fiance, IT Caused a bit of tension sometime, Just because I'd Be so mad that he was eating Certain foods in front of me, But that feeling slowly died off, And now, I could careless if hes eating my fav things! Btw Will Be following your Journey!!

SG said...

wow skye!!!! you are a force to be reckoned with! there is definitely something different this time. i can feel it. you are serious. you are on a mission. i love it!

Amy said...

Your post is sort of making me hungry! But I can so empathize with you on how much of a struggle it is to pass up your favorite foods. I would almost kill for pizza right now. It is funny about the broccoli... I recently got a Asian Seared Tuna salad at Houlihan's (trying to be healthy) and had them leave the fried wontons off. It came to like 1200 calories for the stinking salad! I was so mad. Because I COULD have gotten a pile of fried instead!

Skye-Lynn said...

Thanks Monica! Hoping I can get to that point someday as well. Really appreciate your support! And I look forward to following along with your journey also!

SG, just praying I don't lose this determination!!! Thanks for your encouraging words, as always!

Lol, sorry for the temptation, Amy! It is amazing how restaurants can mess up otherwise healthy foods! smh You just never know!