To Splurge or Not to Splurge?!?

Do you allow yourself a "cheat" day?

This was the dilemma I was faced with today. My mother-in-law begged me to bring her to the Chinese Buffet.  And of course, today is Friday, so they had snow crabs; which is one of my faves!

I didn't do as bad as I could have, but I did enjoy myself a little too much.  I definitely was uncomfortable when I left.  And then disappointed in myself.  I had worked so hard these past few days and I allowed one meal to screw all of that up!  



I mostly had boiled seafood; which isn't too bad, considering all of the options.  But once again, I over indulged in that, too! 


However, I did succumb to those delicious Crab Rangoons!  Those little suckers are the devil himself! lol  And I did have a few fried shrimp.  Other than that, I pretty much stuck to boiled shrimp and crabs.


Now grant you, besides breakfast, this was the only other meal I ate all day.  When I came to work tonight, I snacked on popcorn. 

But I still was feeling awful.  I know dieting sucks, but I always seem to feel so much better when I stay within my program.  Even now, over 12 hrs later, I'm still feeling queezy.  So, it brings me to the question.... Why do I continue to splurge when I'm only gonna regret it later?!?  

I think from now on, I'm gonna still enjoy myself at times, but I'm definitely gonna limit myself.  I'm gonna quit eating until I am stuffed!  And I really need to learn that it is perfectly fine to enjoy a salad at a buffet!  Sadly, this is the one bar I avoid like the plague.  lol  Maybe if I can start filling up here first, I won't over do it on everything else.

X X Fingers crossed!  X X




No comments: